Our sustainable hotel concept
More than just philosophy
- We use LED lights throughout the house and have motion detectors in the hallways
- We offer sustainable cosmetics in the room and in the wellness area
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning agents – refillable, dosed, climate-friendly
- We do not use water bottles in the restaurant – instead we offer filtered original Harz water in reusable bottles
- We avoid portion packaging – instead you enjoy e.g. homemade jams from the buffet
We use mainly regional and seasonal products in our kitchen
- We digitize our work processes with the aim of working paper-free
- We have two in-house e-charging stations
- We have an insect hotel in front of the house
- We pay attention to the efficient use of operating resources
- We regularly train our employees in sustainable topics and jointly develop new ideas and concepts
- We are a training company, encourage young colleagues and offer numerous benefits for all employees
- We use 100% green electricity
Chemical free cleaning
for people & environment
10.000 trees for the Harz
Together with André Salomon, forester and local mayor of Derenburg, we will push the reforestation in March and November/December 2023. Support us!
Companies and private individuals can choose between various tree packages. Of course, you will also receive a certificate for this and can use this for your CSR report. You can also donate on site, for example by cancelling your room cleaning – and donating trees instead.
EWILPA® Project Blankenburg
However, not all emissions can be completely avoided. Our carbon footprint and our water footprint were calculated by Klimapatenschaft GmbH according to the guidelines of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, which is the most widely used calculation standard worldwide. Our current result: 11.10 kg CO2 emissions per overnight stay a water consumption of 147.10 l per overnight stay We were thus able to achieve a positive climate-friendly result. Above all, our climate-neutral sourced gas and the purchase of green electricity have a strong positive effect here. We will take further measures to achieve an even better value in the next survey and to optimize our carbon footprint once again.
Our Green Team
• Lysann Brandes, Rezeption• Estela Garcia Junkel, Service• Elisabeth Wolff, Bankettleiterin• Sabine Gast, F/O & Reservations Manager• Wolfgang Zoske, Haustechnik• Elias Hellmann, Auszubildender
……we wish you continued fun and success in your green mission and look forward to what is to come.
Fair Job Hotels Partner
Sustainability – contribution of our guests
- Arrange your journey by train or Flixbus – Blankenburg is excellently connected. Plan also car-free excursions and Harz explorations – hiking, biking (e-bike rental via the reception), use of public transport
- The Harz offers so much nature – treat it with appreciation and preserve its cleanliness and integrity Feast and indulge in Harz specialties – look for regional and seasonal products – and also consider taking some culinary memories home with you
- Make your stay climate neutral by offsetting CO2 emissions with a contribution to a climate protection project
- Renounce the daily room cleaning and instead plant trees.
- Save electricity and water in your hotel room
- Use our info screen in the lobby to plan your day, instead of guidebooks and printed information. Or get information online beforehand via your PC, tablet or smartphone.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you to our castle hotel in the Harz Mountains and to providing you with an unforgettable stay with a green conscience.